Friday, April 1, 2011

What I’ve been up to…

Hello! Please excuse the long absence. I haven’t posted anything in a while, mostly because:
1. Life keeps getting in the way.
2. I’ve been busy sewing for other people and so I haven’t had much time to write tutorials.

But I thought I would give you a glimpse of what I’ve been making:

I am happy to report that I finished the pillowcase dress for the “Dress a girl around the world” project! It will get shipped very soon, and I am so excited to be able to make something for a little girl in need! I found the main fabric at a thrift store and it was hiding in my cabinet for too long. So this was the perfect excuse to use it. I think it turned out cute. I hopes it makes a girl happy.

P1040398

I have also been making this dress for my friend, for her birthday. I’ll show you a picture when it’s ready.

meghanfront

In addition, I have been working on a muslin to make the following top, for my friend’s daughter. The pattern is McCall’s 6062. I am thinking about writing a tutorial for this one. What do you think?

6062

I have also been working on yet another muslin for this new pattern, the Simplicity 2245 (aka the “Portfolio dress”). Unfortunately, this dress looks really bad on me. I guess it just doesn’t work for my body type, so I have decided that I am not going to make it. But I want to try it as a tunic some time and see how that turns out.

2245-on-model-2

Last, but not least, I have been making pillows galore:

P1040359P1040379P1040384P1040387P1040395P1040391
So as you can see, it’s been a bit busy. But I promise I’ll be back soon with a new tutorial! Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. The pillows are all lovely...and the dress turned out great. I love the turqoise band on the bottom. Good info on the portfolio dress, I'm getting my muslin put together next week and we'll see how it fits on my stumpy form. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chris! Yeah, let's get that muslin rollin'! :) Hope it works out for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my little space in Blogland. I would love to hear from you, so thank you for leaving a comment.

Gracias por visitar mi pequeño espacio en la blogosfera. Me encantaría saber de ti. Gracias por dejar un comentario.