Monday, April 18, 2011

Catching up…

Hello everybody! I am so sorry it has taken me so long to come back. We had spring break 2 weeks ago, which means that my kids were home all day (help!). And sadly, a close friend of mine passed away a week ago after a long illness, so things have been hectic and sad and not conducive to blogging.

At any rate, I did manage to finish a “muslin” for the Jamie Dress Sew Along. I made it with a thrifted bed sheet and some fabric I had lying around. I think it might end up being the definitive version because I like the way it turned out.

P1040472

I encourage you to try this pattern because it is super easy and I think it makes for a really nice summer dress. Very Betty Draper-ish. You can also make a shorter version and create a tunic!

I also finished the Meghan Peasant dress for my friend. It was my belated birthday present for her. She liked it a lot, to judge by her smile. Yes, I like orange.

P1040475

I have been working on a tutorial, and I intend to post it tomorrow. Stay tuned!

4 comments:

  1. I love how your dress turned out. And so fun to see your friend's dress too...you did a great job! I like the Amy Butler print on the bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Sara! Glad to have you here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how your dress turned out! The colors/fabric you chose are gorgeous. I never would have guessed you used a sheet. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my little space in Blogland. I would love to hear from you, so thank you for leaving a comment.

Gracias por visitar mi pequeño espacio en la blogosfera. Me encantaría saber de ti. Gracias por dejar un comentario.